The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating projects on budget, through collaboration with estimators, account managers and department leaders. This includes activities concerned with the construction of commercial interiors for high-end luxury retail stores, among other branded or corporate environments. You will participate in the development of new projects and oversees their planning, organization, scheduling and production. This position is exciting and allows for a wide range of control and the freedom to make critical decisions affecting the outcome of the projects you are accountable for.
- Collaborate with account management to discern client needs.
- Collaborate with the design, estimating and production departments to ensure all projects remain within design constraints on budget and within feasible construction capabilities.
- Create or acquire all drawings including shop, set-up, electrical, carpet, orientation, plans and elevations, etc.
- Submit all purchase requisitions for all required materials and goods including any outside vendor services.
- Track project budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate and review all construction drawings with the shop office before any work begins.
- Obtain approvals on appropriate drawings from design, estimating and production.
- Review with the shop office any changes in the construction of the interior as it pertains to the drawings submitted, and make changes to the drawings on file after completion.
- Review and create the shipping documentation (i.e. case list) for shipping the interior.
- Must meet customer’s agreed upon project completion dates.
- Required travel to customer sites when and where necessary.
- Must have experience using AutoCAD. AutoDesk Inventor Experience a plus.
- Must be experienced with custom cabinetry.
- 3-5 years of project management experience in a fast-paced, multiple-priority creative manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Must be a natural multitasker who thrives under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be an extremely organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Position requires an energetic positive attitude with the ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must demonstrate a strong collaborative attitude and work well in a team environment.
- You must enjoy innovating around unique challenges and be self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- PMI certification a plus.